This shot is about as close as I get to food porn.
That’s mostly because my camera is not cut out for the dim light of my kitchen. This was shot in the studio, a place where food usually isn’t.
Truly a breakfast of champions, my friends, and all the better because Dan can actually make an omelette. I was in charge of the yogurt.
Vermont yogurt with wild raspberries and honey; two-egg omelette with Vermont cheddar, basil, parsley, and salad onions; side of baby greens and pea shoots; chunk of olive bread leftover from dinner.
- Nonfat plain yogurt [Butterworks Farm - Westfield, VT - 213 mi [gotta start making yogurt again -- this is way too far, and local milk is plentiful]]
- Wild black and red raspberries [Williamstown Farmers' Market - 5 mi]
- Honey [Copper Dog Hill - White Creek, NY - 28 mi]
- Eggs [Williamstown Farmers' Market - 5 mi]
- Butter [Cabot - Cabot, VT - 179 mi]
- Cheddar cheese [Cabot - Cabot, VT - 179 mi [this seems like cheating; must find a more local cheddar]]
- Basil, parsley, salad onions [Walloomsac Farmers' Market - Bennington, VT - 18 mi]
- Pea shoots [Gill Greenery - Gill, MA - 45 mi]
- Baby salad greens [Might Food Farm - Pownal, VT - 10 mi]
- Olive bread [Berkshire Mountain Bakery - Housatonic, MA - 38 mi ]